Here is the Rochester agreement:
- The right of all persons to use the Park must be respected.
- No barriers or other obstructions shall be placed in the Park so as to prevent access to all portions of the Park along the sidewalks provided. Park facilities such as benches shall also remain unobstructed and available for use by all person.
- The park use must be in a “green” manner. Sanitary practices must be followed and all trash generated must be contained and removed or prepared for removal properly. The monuments, trees, grounds and physical features in the park must be respected and not defaced or damaged in any way. Users must facilitate any Park maintenance activities by City employees
- Overnight tent camping will be allowed only in the grassy area to the south of the central monuments and within the sidewalks. No structures or portable facilities, including portable bathrooms, shall be brought in to the Park, erected or maintained. The use of propane, kerosene or gasoline heaters or generators is not allowed except with permission of the Fire Chief or his designee. No heaters shall be allowed in the tents. Tables reasonably necessary for food preparation and related activities may also be placed to the south of the central monuments, in a manner so as to not block access through the Park. The tables may be protected from the elements only by a tarp or canvas covering or tent.
- All campers under 18 years old must have the permission of a parent or legal
- No firearms or other dangerous weapons or fireworks are allowed.
- No glass bottles or glass containers are allowed.
- No shovels, axes, saws or spades are allowed.
- No alcoholic beverages are allowed.
- No fires are allowed.
- Signs or banners may be placed in the Park in a manner so as not to obstruct
access along the sidewalks or prevent ingress or egress along the sides of the Park. The signs and banners shall not be permanently affixed to the trees or other Park features, but may be tied to the rear of a bench, or to the base or main branch of a tree in a manner so as not to harm the tree. Signs and banners may be placed at the steps at the base of the central monuments, but shall not fully block the steps and shall not be placed on the monuments themselves.
- Use of megaphones or other sound reproduction equipment for communication within the OCCUPY ROCHESTER group is allowed, provided it is nondisruptive to nearby uses or is in accordance with the Noise Code of the City. Concerts may be held with reasonable notice to the City and City approval, which approval shall not be withheld unless reasonable safety, time and noise standards cannot be met.